Accommodation Support Worker
Macarthur Disability Services (MDS) has been providing support to people with a disability, the frail aged and their carers for over 30 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
We take great pride in what we do at MDS, and we work to foster for our employee’s a culture of integrity and honesty, accountability, equality and social justice, continuous improvement and a strength based approached, in line with the MDS values.
MDS believes our mission purpose is dependent on the collective efforts of our diverse workforce. MDS aims to use a competency based management strategy for Human Resources practices and to develop motivated teams who are driven, skilled and trained.
MDS offers a rewarding career with:
- Flexible Work practices
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Salary packaging
- Safe and Supportive work place that recognises and rewards individual achievement
About the Opportunity
MDS is seeking to employ a Permanent Part Time Accommodation Support Worker to work within our Accommodation Service. This position is required to provide direct support and work in partnership with service participants in all areas of daily living, recreation, communication, community participation and social interaction.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist service participants to participate in a range of meaningful activities that promote inclusion
- Facilitate programs that promote innovative service delivery that meets the needs of service participants
- Assist service participants with personal care requirements including toileting, feeding, hygiene, medication, behaviour support and other personal needs
- Work within a residential setting
- Undertake a Key Worker role in supporting service participants to achieve outcomes
The successful applicant will have:
- Drivers Licence
- Provide First Aid Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Ability to work shifts that fall over a 24 hours 7 day a week rotating roster including public holidays and holiday periods
- Capacity to work overnight active/awake shifts
- Experience working with people with a disability
- Experience working with behaviours of concern
The Position is contracted for 64 hours per fortnight. This role is covered under the SCHCADS Award Level 2 ($26.99-29.61 per hour). Relevant shift loadings also apply. As this is a shift work position permanent roles accumulate 5 weeks annual leave per year and salary packaging.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below
Phone (02) 4621 8400 for further information.
Applications will not be considered unless application form is completed.
Applications close 9am, Monday 6 January 2020
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. They must also have a current driver’s license and access to their own vehicle. Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check . MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.
MDS is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people