INTERNAL VACANCY - EOI: Manager - Support Coordination
Campbelltown and Camden, NSW
NOTE: This position is only available to existing MDS Employees
Macarthur Disability Services (MDS) has been providing support to people with a disability, the frail aged and their carers for over 30 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
We take great pride in what we do at MDS, and we work to foster for our employee’s a culture of integrity and honesty, accountability, equality and social justice, continuous improvement and a strength based approached, in line with the MDS values.
MDS believes our mission purpose is dependent on the collective efforts of our diverse workforce. MDS aims to use a competency based management strategy for Human Resources practices and to develop motivated teams who are driven, skilled and trained.
MDS offers a rewarding career with:
- Flexible Work practices
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Above award conditions
- Salary packaging
- Multiple program sites close to home
- Safe and Supportive work place that recognises and rewards individual achievement
About the Opportunity
MDS is seeking expressions of interest for a Manager for our Support Coordination team. This role will lead a team of Support Coordinators. The Support Coordination service assists people with a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan to connect to their communities and access a range of supports across one or more providers and build participant NDIS capacity and knowledge.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead and supervise a team
- Deal with complex customer relationship needs and expectations
- Monitor and meet agenda targets for budgets and service quality outcomes
- Provide varying degrees of coordination and transition supports for children, young people and adults with a disability
The successful applicant will have:
- Diploma (or higher) or equivalent extensive experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the funding guidelines
- Experience in leading a team with diverse responsibilities/complex service coordination/case management responsibilities
- Appropriate interpersonal skills to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Ability to prepare budgets and financial information as required
The Position is Fixed Term until 19 January 2018, on a flexi-time contract. This role is covered under the SCHCADS Award at a Level 6 classification. Also offered is salary packaging, flexible working hours, mobile phone and leave loading.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below
Phone (02) 4621 8400 for further information.
Applications will not be considered unless application form is completed.
Applications close 9am, Monday 16 October 2017
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. They must also have a current NSW drivers licence and access to their own vehicle. Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check . MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.
MDS is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people