Macarthur Disability Services (MDS) has been providing support to people with a disability, the frail aged and their carers for over 30 years. We actively promote the rights and aspirations of people with a disability to enrich lives and roles in the community through the provision of choice, opportunity and innovative service design.
We take great pride in what we do at MDS, and we work to foster for our employee’s a culture of integrity and honesty, accountability, equality and social justice, continuous improvement and a strength based approached, in line with the MDS values.
MDS believes our mission purpose is dependent on the collective efforts of our diverse workforce. MDS aims to use a competency based management strategy for Human Resources practices and to develop motivated teams who are driven, skilled and trained.
MDS offers a rewarding career with:
- Flexible Work practices
- Opportunity to make a difference
- Above award conditions
- Salary packaging
- Multiple program sites close to home
- Safe and Supportive work place that recognises and rewards individual achievement
About the Opportunity
MDS is seeking to employ a Graphic Designer to work within our Marketing team. This position is responsible for completing all graphic design requirements and layouts for all marketing campaigns, providing support at all MDS events and helping to promote MDS to the wider community.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Design marketing materials for print including, but not limited to flyers, booklets, posters, annual reports, newsletters, advertisements and merchandise
- Create digital content for use online including but not limited to graphics, images and videos for the MDS website, social media and external advertising campaigns.
- Design all graphic materials for MDS events
- Promote MDS services to the wider community
The successful applicant will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Graphic Design (Diploma or higher)
- Experience with Adobe Software: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with Office Software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and Powerpoint
- Ability to demonstrate creative solutions via previous work experience or training / portfolio examples (please provide an online link address with your application or three printed colour examples).
- Current NSW Driver's Licence
It is also desirable that the applicant have:
- Experience in videography and photography
- Previous work experience in a community or design position
The Position is Full time working 76 hours per fortnight, on a flexi-time contract. This role will be paid at $24.89 -$29.65 per hour depending on experience and qualification. Also offered is salary packaging, flexible working hours, and leave loading.
A copy of the job description can be found here
To apply for this position, please complete the application form below
Phone (02) 4621 8400 for further information.
Applications will not be considered unless application form is completed.
Applications close 9am, Monday 23 April 2018
It is essential that all applicants have the right to work in Australia. They must also have a current NSW driver’s license and access to their own vehicle. Applicants will be subject to a Criminal Record Check. MDS is an EEO Employer and a smoke free workplace.
MDS is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people